For women who are diagnosed with infertility, taking fertility drugs is the first choice. However, if fertility drugs are not effective there are many other options available today, including undergoing IVF. IVF (In Vitro Fertilisation) is a process where egg cell fertilisation with sperm takes place out side the body of women. This means, that egg cell and sperm is allowed to meet in vitro (in the lab) for the process of fertilisation. After the process of fertilisation, the embryos are transferred to the uterus. IVF has helped many couples resolve problems of infertility. Here’s what you need to know after undergoing IVF, to avoid complications and bring your baby to term.
Things To Avoid
- Avoid vigorous activities which involves forceful bodily movement
- Avoid heavy workout and exercises
- Keep away from smoking
- Try to avoid the caffeine as much as possible
- Avoid indulging yourself in a sexual intercourse
- Avoid lifting heavy weights
- Avoid involving your self in the activities like aerobics
- Avoid consuming alcohol or alcoholic products and drinks
- Do not take sunbaths and avoid swimming
- Stay away from tough household work
- Avoid consuming drugs
Once you undergo IVF it is very necessary to follow your doctor’s advice in case of safety precautions. Along with the above mentioned safety measures, you should strictly follow your doctor’s suggestions. Your doctor may also advice to take bed rest for few days as a part of your safety measures. You should only take those medicines as prescribed by your doctor if any.
Adopt a positive attitude and encourage yourself to think positively about your pregnancy issues. A positive attitude is the first step towards success.